Do you know any multi-talented creatives who can do just about anything they put their hands and mind to?
Are you that creative person?
I’m that creative person too. I’m literally right there with you.
And over the years, I’ve questions that have just driven me bonkers. Have you had some of these same thoughts?
- Which one of these creative ideas should I do to make a profit?
- How do I decide the right thing to do?
- How can I combine all of my skill sets in a way that makes sense?
- How can I tell other people what I do in a clear and concise way that doesn’t make me sound like I’m all over the place?
After some soul searching, I realized a few things:
- I don’t have to feel frustrated that I can do so many different things. Instead, I should feel honored that I was entrusted by the Creator to carry such a valuable gift.
- Because I have a creative mind, I can be in just about any situation or circumstance and find creative solutions to move forward. It’s like having a get out of jail free card!
- Because I am a hard worker, whichever creative outlet I choose as a business will most likely be successful and profitable. But, will it bring me joy?
With that last thought, I had finally cracked the code. Will it bring me joy? Will it bring me joy? Will it bring me joy?
So, I have the same question for you. Out of all the creative things you do and are good at, what brings you REAL JOY?
Here are a few questions to help you decide.
- Are you passionate about it?
- Does it give you energy?
- Do ideas flow like water when you think about it?
- Would you do it even if you didn’t get paid?
- When you talk about it do you get an overwhelming feeling of satisfaction, even though you haven’t figured out all the details?
- Are you willing to stick with it while you grow it as a business?
If you answer yes to 4 or more of these statements about one of your creative outlets, then that’s the thing you need to focus on for now. Then start with that “low hanging fruit” and build!